Thursday 16 May 2013

Malta Mindset

In the time since I last blogged, I've been living it up over in sunny Malta. My buddy Jack kindly offered for me to come stay with him and his brother, Louis, for a couple months - so I thought I'd come check it out.

I really didn't know what to expect when I came here. But it's been a really awesome experience - and I'm glad I came. There are two sides to Malta: the quiet, laid-back place, where you can chill by the water, watching the world go by; and the high-tempo, non-stop party island.

It's fair to say that I've seen quite a bit of both. My introduction to team Scandi has led to some pretty sick - and definitely high-octane - nights in Paceville, the party hotspot in Malta. I've been staying in St Julians, just up the hill from the tranquil Balluta Bay.

Away from the partying, the scenic highlight would have to be the trip I took to Blue Lagoon with my brother and his wife, when they came to visit the other week. It's simply stunning:


As well as enjoying the many delights of Malta, I have been focusing very hard on my poker. I recently started working with a mindset coach, who has helped me a ton as I worked from some issues that were affecting my game and my results. Over the past month or so I've been extremely motivated and back to playing close to my best poker. I'm working particularly hard on my NLHE MTT game and studying a lot with some really great players - so expecting some big things in the near future. As always, still love playing the Omaha games too and pretty excited for the big SCOOP tournaments next week. I hit a $30k score in one last year when I came 3rd in the $2k SCOOP but would love to go all the win and win a title this time around.

This weekend I'll be flying back to Scotland and it will be great to be back for a night out in Edinburgh and then a few days back home with the folks - nothing in the world can beat a bit of Mum's home cooking. Then it's off to Vegas for the World Series. So much happening in the next couple of months, really excited to see where it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment